WE APPRECIATE OUR VOLUNTEERS!
Beavercreek City Schools offers many opportunities for parents, citizens and businesses to take active roles by promoting student achievement and positive school culture. Mentoring programs allow community volunteers to work one on one with students. Businesses and professional organizations can build strong relationships with individual schools. Community members are encouraged to share their time, talent, special skills, and interests. For more information on volunteer opportunities, contact a department or school of interest.
Ensuring student safety
While the district recognizes, appreciates and respects the commitment and dedication of its many volunteers, our top priority is safety. One way we protect students is by thoroughly screening the volunteers who work with students one on one, during an overnight trip, or any unsupervised capacity on a regular basis.
Anyone wishing to volunteer with Beavercreek City Schools, including student mentors and parents, may be asked to submit an online application and consent to a criminal history check as well as an FBI and Ohio BCI fingerprint screening. ALL BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE CONDUCTED AT NO COST TO THE VOLUNTEER.
How our background checks work
The school district’s volunteer background check process includes a nationwide search of criminal databases and sex offender registries. There is no charge for the background check and fingerprinting, and no information about the content or nature of the background check is shared with school principals or staff. Social Security numbers are strictly confidential and are never made available to school personnel.
Please be truthful in your application, and rest assured that a minor infraction in your past will not prevent you from volunteering.
Volunteer Background Check Application Process
- Visit the Beavercreek City Schools Human Resources Department Volunteer Web Page https://www.gocreek.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1183358&type=d&pREC_ID=1751755
- Complete, consent to and submit the online background check
- Social Security numbers are NOT VIEWED by school personnel
- Contact our Central Office to schedule an appointment to be fingerprinted as a volunteer, 937-426-1522
- You will be notified once the background check is complete and you are approved to begin volunteering
- The review and approval process may take up to 30 days
- Failure to provide the required information will result in a delay
- Volunteers should contact the school volunteer coordinator (principal and/or secretary) about their status
- Returning volunteers must resubmit the online application every three years
- Once your application is approved, you will receive a temporary volunteer ID badge via e-mail
- Your standard volunteer ID badge will be in the mail in approximately 10 days and is valid for three years
- You must wear the volunteer ID badge at the school site at all times
- You will also need to bring a government-issued photo ID when you enter the school to verify your identity