Homebound Supplemental Instruction
- The Parent/Guardian shall make a written or verbal request for Homebound Supplemental Instruction (HBSI) to the HBSI Building Coordinator at the building where the child attends school.
- Beavercreek High School – Yvonne Edwards, 429-7547
- Ferguson Hall- Jonathan Webb, 429-7533
- Coy Middle School – Josh Baker, 429-7577
- Ankeney Middle School – Brian Shimko, 429-7567
- Fairbrook Elementary – Joell Mangan, 429-7616
- Trebein Elementary – Lisa Walk, 458-2300
- Main Elementary – Sharma Nachlinger, 429-7588
- Parkwood Elementary – Sue Bamford, 429-7604
- Shaw Elementary – Susan Peveler, 429-7610
- Valley Elementary – Dan Schwieterman, 429-7597
- The HBSI Building Coordinator will coordinate a meeting with the parent, school counselor, school nurse, and general education teacher(s) to gather initial information regarding the reason for the request, and discuss whether a disability is suspected [504/IDEA]. A follow up meeting will be scheduled to review the evaluation results and discuss the need for HBSI.
- If the student is found to have a disability and that disability requires HBSI, a final meeting will be scheduled to discuss the procedures that will be followed including the schedule of classes, assignment requirements and timelines, possible accommodations, and communication methods.
- Ensure students complete work in between tutoring sessions and that all assignments are completed and timelines are met.
- Monitor tutoring sessions in collaboration with the HBSI Tutor to ensure sessions are scheduled on a regular basis.
- Communicate any concerns to the HBSI Building Coordinator.
- Contact the HBSI Building Coordinator if your child has medical issues preventing him/her from completing work.
- Be aware of end of quarter and semester dates and makes sure the student has work completed for these deadlines.
- Stay in contact with HBSI Building Coordinator throughout the HBSI period and initiate communication at least 2 weeks prior to the end of the semester if work will not be completed to devise a plan. (HBSI can only extend 2 weeks after the last day of school if there are hours to complete).
- Provide new consent form with doctor’s signature when required. Full-time HBSI students must provide a new form each semester. Part-time HBSI students must provide a new form every quarter.
- Review and sign weekly Student Attendance Sheet provided by the HBSI Tutor.
Please click here for a list of frequently asked questions.
If you are interested in becoming a Homebound Supplemental Instruction Tutor, or you need to renew your application for the upcoming school year, click here.