Student Nutrition Awards
The award-winning Beavercreek Schools Student Nutrition Department
Awards and Recognition
Beavercreek's Student Nutrition Department has been recognized by the Ohio Department of Education every year since 2003 for excellence in nutrition practices. In November 2011, the district was one of a small number of districts and schools statewide to received the Stellar Award for Best Nutrition Practices.
Six of Beavercreek Schools' student nutrition employees have won the Louise Sublette Award for Excellence in Child Nutrition Programs from the School Nutrition Association:
- Heather Human: 2015 Employee of The Year for the state of Ohio
- Jeannette Niezgodski, Shaw Elementary Cafe manager: 2013 Louise Sublette Award winner for Excellence in Child Nutrition for the state of Ohio, for her nutrition education program "Healthy Plate, Healthy Me"
- Cindy Stall, Valley Elementary Cafeteria manager: 2010 winner for Ohio AND Mideast Regional Winner for her elementary school education and taste-testing program, "Fruits and Vegetables Galore"
- Kim Bishop: 2009-10 state winner for her "Got Milk?" project educating students on the benefits of drinking milk
- Cindy Steeley: 2008-09 state winner for her Healthy Vending project in which vending machines were redesigned to offer a variety of healthy snack choices
- Sharon Millsap: 2007-08 state winner for her staff efficiency project, which examined and addressed student nutrition staffing in a resourceful way
- Dawn (Owens) Kacvinsky: 2003-04 state winner for her Kitchen Tours project, which educated students on food safety, sanitation and food production
Dawn Kacvinsky, Operations, won the 2012-13 Student Nutrition Association of Ohio's Heart of the Program Award, recognizing her diligence in supporting students and staff.