Dear Trebein Families,
We have been successful since our inception in 2012. One of our goals was to become a community and have a lot of fun! We would like to continue this for the 2020-2021 school year. Please feel free to contact us with questions or concerns at TrebeinPresident@gmail.com.
Please join us for our monthly PTO meetings:
- When: Tuesday evenings (see dates below)
- Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Location: Zoom meetings until further notice. Please find the link monthly on our Trebein PTO Facebook page.
Why come to a PTO meeting?
- Connect with other parents
- Be the first to hear about important news and upcoming events at school
- Have a voice in activities and programs the PTO supports
- Learn how the students and staff at Trebein benefit from PTO
- Volunteer your time, at school or at home, to make a difference in our community
The general PTO meetings are held on the following dates:
- September 8
- October 13
- November 10
- December 8
- January 12
- February 9
- March 9
- April 13
- May 11
Other dates for events and socials can be found in our calendar section. The easiest way to fund-raise for our school is Box Tops and Kroger Rewards! Please sign up your Kroger Rewards Card and collect your box tops. These programs raise THOUSANDS of dollars for our school each year, and they are at no additional cost to you! Kroger Rewards were $5400 last year, and box tops were over $2300! That is a lot of money to pass up, if you aren’t participating. Two other simple ways are to link your Amazon Smile account to Trebein Elementary. Please take a few minutes to help us with these easy ways to fund and costs you nothing!
Why is the PTO important?
The PTO funds extra programs and equipment that are not in the school budget. We assist teachers in the classroom and provide extra help and supplies when needed. We will offer social functions to bring together our student body as a proud community and hope you will get involved with our organization. We also fund field trips, as the district supplies little funding for field trip activities.
Please take time to read the monthly newsletter which will keep you up to date. We also publish a monthly school calendar to help make sure no one misses those important dates. Besides emails from Lisa Walk via the Trebein Messenger, you can also like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Trebein-PTO/ to stay informed. We also post most of the event photos in albums on the Facebook Page.
Thank you for your support. We look forward to 2020-2021 with all of you!
Your PTO Board
Note: For any questions at all about the PTO, please email Meghan Morgan, PTO President, at TrebeinPresident@gmail.com.
Board and Committee Info
PTO Executive Board Members
- President: Meghan Morgan - TrebeinPresident@Gmail.com
- Vice President: Angi Augsburger - TrebeinVicePresident@Gmail.com
- Treasurer: Lanie Chuang - TrebeinTreasurer@Gmail.com
- Secretary: Jen Baxter - TrebeinSecretary@Gmail.com
- Historian: Kristie Gotwald - TrebeinHistorian@Gmail.com
- Fundraising Coordinator: Kathy Nyholm - Fundraising4Trebein@Gmail.com
- Volunteer Coordinator: Jenna Stites - Volunteer4Trebein@Gmail.com
PTO Board Position Descriptions
- President: Shall be the chief executive officer, shall preside over all meetings, supervise executive and administrative duties, and implement all plans and policies.
- Vice-President: Performs the duties of the president in his/her absence, is the keeper and maintainer of the PTO constitution and by-laws, upholds rules of order during meetings, counts ballots/votes.
- Treasurer: Custodian of all financial records and accounts, maintains budget and detailed records of all receipts and expenditures, disburses and receives funds.
- Secretary: Takes detailed minutes of each meeting and submits them for approval, posts relevant information through a variety of sources to reach as many members as possible, writes and receives correspondence.
- Historian: Maintains a history of all information relevant to the workings of the PTO to provide continuity for executive board members and chairpersons.
- Fundraising Coordinator: Responsible for the soliciting and collecting information from fundraising companies, creating and coordinating a fundraising calendar for each school year.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Responsible for the collection and dissemination of all volunteer information, solicits volunteers for PTO-related events and activities.
Due to current conditions, all PTO family events are cancelled for first semester. Take a look at the list below for a glimpse at what our PTO plans in a typical year. We will resume family events as soon as it is safe to do so. If you have any questions, please contact Meghan Morgan, PTO President, at email@example.com.
Back to School Bash (August)
- Assist with activities for the Back to School Bash.
Fall Harvest Festival (September)
- Assist with planning and activities for the Festival.
Book Fairs (September &/or April)
- Assist with book fairs, one in fall and one in spring.
Fun Run (September/October)
- Assist with all activities for Fun Run.
Holiday Bazaar & Holiday Shoppe (November)
- Assist with activities and vendors.
- Assist with activities (games/prizes/food).
Everybody Counts (Sporadically Throughout the Year)
- Assist with teaching students about disabilities.
Field Day (May)
- Assist with Field Day activities for students.
Founder’s Run (May)
- Assist with 5K &/or 10K race activities.
5th Grade Party (May)
- Assist with 5th grade sendoff/last day party.
Teacher Appreciation (Monthly Throughout the Year)
- Assist with donations and/or volunteers for monthly appreciation events.
Junior Achievement (Throughout the Year)
- Assist teaching Junior Achievement lessons.
Military Liaison (Throughout the Year)
- Assist with Veterans’ Day & Purple Up activities.
Social Events (Sporadically Throughout the Year)
- Assist with planning various social events, like Skate Night and the Family Dance.
If you are short on time but still want to help the PTO efforts, you can always send a tax deductible donation. The paypal address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you can make your check payable to Trebein PTO and give the check to staff at Trebein or one of the executive officers, or email email@example.com for further details.
For any questions at all about the PTO, please email Meghan Morgan, President, at TrebeinPresident@gmail.com.
PTO Meeting Minutes
2020-2021 School Year:
- General PTO Mtg September 2020
- General PTO Mtg October 2020
- General PTO Mtg November 2020
- General PTO Mtg December 2020
- General PTO Mtg January 2021
- General PTO Mtg February 2021
- General PTO Mtg March 2021
2019-2020 School Year:
- General PTO Mtg August 2019
- General PTO Mtg September 2019
- General PTO Mtg October 2019
- General PTO Mtg November 2019
- General PTO Mtg December 2019
- General PTO Mtg January 2020
- General PTO Mtg February 2020
- General PTO Mtg May 2020
2018-2019 School Year:
- August 21 2018 Meeting Minutes
- September 18 2018 Meeting Minutes
- October 16 2018 Meeting Minutes
- November 13 2018 Meeting Minutes
- December 11 2018 Meeting Minutes
- January 15 2019 Meeting Minutes
- February 19 2019 Meeting Minutes
- March 19 2019 Meeting Minutes
- April 16 2019 Meeting Minutes
- May 14 2019 Meeting Minutes
- School operations, rules, policies, and goals
- Curriculum, testing and academic expectations
- School programs and activities
- PTO programs and activities
- Upcoming events
- Opportunities for enrichment
- Parent and student resources
- Recognition for students and staff
- Trebein Newsletter - September 2020
- Trebein Newsletter - October 2020
- Trebein Newsletter - November 2020
- Trebein Newsletter - December 2020
- Trebein Newsletter - January 2021
- Trebein Newsletter - February 2021
- Trebein Newsletter - March 2021
- Trebein Newsletter - April 2021