Dear Beavercreek Families,
As the district continues to navigate through the details of our 20-21 restart plan, it is evident that an adjustment to our calendar would be beneficial for our students, their families, and our staff. This calendar adjustment allows our staff ample time to better prepare their instructional spaces for the opening of the 20-21 school year. In addition, this added time will position our staff members to successfully follow new procedures necessary to mitigate the spread of COVID-19. It will also allow staff members to gain additional training to deliver instruction in the event our district must move to a blended or remote learning model.
Superintendent, Paul Otten, will be recommending to the Board of Education, during a special meeting to be held Thursday, July 30, at 4:00 p.m., the following changes to the current school calendar:
- August 5: Deadline to declare desired instructional model (Traditional or Online)
- Your action is required to declare Traditional or Online for every student using OneView https://beavercreek.esvportal.com
- August 14 - 21: Staff training, professional development, classroom preparation
- August 24: Staggered start date for students A-K
- August 25: Staggered start date for students L-Z
- August 26: All students report
- October 12: Students report for school
- February 12: Students report to school
- May 24: Class of 2021 Graduation at the Nutter Center, 7:00 p.m.
- May 28: Last day for students and staff, two-hour early dismissal
If approved, students will still receive their original 178 days of instruction during the year and it is important to note that Fall Break (November 23-27), Winter Break (December 21 - January 1), and Spring Break (March 22-26) will take place as originally scheduled.
We will distribute to all families, Traditional and Online, a new detailed calendar for the 20-21 school year after Board approval. Our plans to restart school are designed to be flexible and must be responsive to new guidance concerning the current pandemic. We will continue to provide families with updates as they occur.
Thank you for your patience as we work toward the start of our new school year.