Week Ending May 7, 2021
STUDENT SPOTLIGHT - Aaqila Patel
- Junior at Beavercreek High School
- Involved in STEM Club as well as Computer Programming & Computer Science Club
- Member of varsity volleyball team
- Currently volunteers at 4 Paws for Ability
- Summer volunteer at Dayton-Children's Hospital
- Wants to pursue a career field involving science
Aaqila was recently notified of her acceptance into the prestigious Online Science, Technology, and Engineering Community (MOSTEC) through MIT. The six-month program begins this summer and aims to help academically strong high school students pursue their interests in a science or engineering field of study.
Admission to the program is competitive and only 2 hundred applicants from across the United States are accepted in a given year.
To learn more about the program, please visit https://oeop.mit.edu/programs/mostec/program-details.
Important Dates to Remember
|Monday, May 10||Local Scholarship Awards Ceremony - 6:00 pm & 7:00 pm|
|Tuesday, May 11||Shine Awards - 5:30 pm @ Beavercreek High School|
|Thursday, May 20||BOE Meeting - 6:30 pm|
|Monday, May 24||Graduation - 7:00 pm @ WSU Nutter Center|
|Thursday, May 27||Graduation - 7:00 pm @ WSU Nutter Center|
Recent Live Stream Events
Outstanding Staff Awards
Beavercreek Band Award Ceremony
BHS AFJROTC Awards Ceremony