Restart Plan & Education Options
The district's reopening plan was presented to the Board of Education on July 16 during its public meeting. You can view that presentation by clicking here. Contents of the plan found below, were modified based on guidance from Greene County Public Health and presented to the Board of Education during a special public meeting on October 29.
If you need information on updated online learning options for K-5, please click here.
Educational Options Plan and Revised Restart Plan
FAQ Online Learning and Traditional In-School (NEW CONTENT POSTED 072420) - PLEASE NOTE: There is no online option for Band through Edmentum-Courseware but please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss optional opportunities for band related activities.
The following reference sheets are a summary of critical information contained in the district's reopening plan.
Online Course Offerings
Online Option Confirmation Messages
Parent Survey 072320 Results
The following links will provide families with information concerning our district's preparations for the 20-21 school year.
Inherent Risk Acknowledgement Information
The following statement is found in the Greene County Common Agreements document and should be considered when choosing an education option for the 20-21 school year.
Each school district will be transparent with all stakeholders that some level of risk will always be present when children and school district employees occupy school district facilities.
Health Screening Agreement Information
● Parents of students should monitor their child’s temperatures and overall health on a daily basis before allowing a student to come to school.
● Regular washing of hands will be encouraged throughout school day for both students and staff.
● Greene County School Districts may establish locally developed protocols for daily monitoring of students and staff in conjunction with GCPH.
● A student with a fever of 100.4 F or over should stay home without exception.
● A student who has the COVID-19 symptoms described below should stay home from school and should see doctor/primary care provider to be assessed for COVID-19:
● Any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing
● Two of the following symptoms: fever (measured or subjective), chills, rigors, myalgia, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, gastro-intestinal issues (nausea/vomiting or diarrhea)
● Any of the following symptoms: cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing, fever (measured or subjective), chills, rigors, myalgia, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, GI Issues (nausea and vomiting or diarrhea) AND an epidemiological link to a case of COVID -19